Spiced Chicken & Mango Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch or dinner
Cuisine: Modern Australian
- 1 large free range chicken breast (preferably with the skin on)
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 spring onions, washed, trimmed and finely sliced
- small handful of freshly picked coriander,
- washed, dried and roughly chopped
- ½ a ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- juice of one lime
- small handful of macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- handful of pea shoots or watercress
- 1 little gem or small iceberg lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sized pieces and pop into a bowl with the five spice, mix so the spice covers all of the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil over a high heat in a medium sized pan and once hot add the chicken and cook until browned all over. Once cooked remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl bring together the spring onions, coriander, mango, lime juice, macadamia nuts, pea shoots (or watercress) and finally the cooked chicken.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
- Recipe by Tobie Puttock from Australian Mangoes website
Recipe by Tobie Puttock from Australian Mangoes website